Saturday, May 27, 2006

Cake

I battled with this one for some reason. First I thought about showing a newly-wed couple smashing each other in the face with cake (apparently that's tradition in some families). Then I even tried to draw a Cake Fashion Nugget (musical reference), but in the end I just went down the literal path. I got antsy and just wanted to get something up.

I think cake is amazing, when you're a kid, and its your birthday, especially when you're turning 11, and well ...

Check it!



P.S. Carrot cake is the #1 cake in the nation.

6 comments:

MD said...

This is a fabulous drawing.
MD

arvindh said...

Nice expression!

Aaron said...

Thanks for the kind words and feedback. It is very much appreciated.

- Aaron

Pickledog said...

Well done, I think that you won this battle.

Power to the Carrot Cake!

Aaron said...

pickledog,

I'm not sure about any battle, but I'm really getting into the illustrationfriday thing.

Maybe they should have weekly battles, like in 8 Mile, only for illustrations, or at the very least be able to "vote" on drawings. That would be sweet. Maybe not.

Thank you for the comment!

Angela Matteson said...

This kid's got great personality and character in his expression. Good stuff!