Tuesday, March 21, 2006

"What Mamma Don't Allow"

Every once-in-a-while I'll get wrapped around the axle with a certain idea. Right now I'm on a "cowboys" kick. No, not the miserable football team from Dallas, the cool kind that rode dustyr roads out west, slept under the stars, roasted stuff over fires, and made their own jerky.



While running this past week I got the idea for a little music video involving cowboys, and guitarists and a big blank, white stage. Its a random idea at the moment, but the drawing above and the one below are sort of my thoughts mental sketches to paper. Neither of which came out right, and I'll have to get back on it soon.



MAN! Guitars at an angle are difficult to draw. Especially guitars with a cut away for them high-note-finger pickin' tunes. Anyways, the more I draw the more I realized how flawed alot of my mechanics and fundamentals are. Perspective, anatomy, proportion, volume, whatever. It took me several iterations to get an image of a guy holding a guitar while (middle), that I thought somewhat, kind of, looked "right." I do like the tapping pants on the far left though. Thats black denim, not leather. This is the wild west, not Aeon Flux.

No comments: